Sunday, September 09, 2007

MORE ABOUT KANO...

Over the weekend, we got to do some sightseeing in Kano. We got to visit the Kano dye pits, where they dye fabrics into certain patterns.















They make sheets/tablecloths, dresses and other things. The only color being used at this dye pit at this point was blue, but they could make various shades of blue.


The way the dyeing works is by dipping the fabric repeatedly into the dye. The exposure to oxygen is what causes the dyeing to work.

I think that the heat really started to get to some of us - I know that I just about died of feeling sticky and sweaty while I was up there! Kano is also just about the hottest places to be in Nigeria, while Jos is probably one of the coolest (I was truly blessed to be in Jos most of the time).

By the way, the swords all belong to my cousin Luke - he has more where those came from, too!

Charlie's angels??

1 comment:

Demara said...

Esther you look like you had a blast!!! And I love that bright green color on you, very pretty.

I too wanted to inform you that I awarded you on my October 2nd post!

Talk to you later....
Oh and Happy BELATED Birthday!!! :D