Saturday, January 12, 2008

Tears are healthy

The other day I had an interesting experience. I took 2 of the ladies I work with to a coffee shop for a treat. We ordered our drinks - coffees for 2 and one special hot chocolate with whipping cream and chocolate syrup on top - and eats - chocolate chip cookies, a nanaimo bar and a muffin. Once we were settled, and I had begun my muffin, I began to read to us a story from a book called Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul. The story was only about 3 pages long, and before I was even a single page into it, I began to cry. The story was called "A goodnight kiss", and told the story of a couple who had grown old together, and at the end of their lives were more in love than ever before. When one of them passed away suddenly, it told the story of his grieving wife and how she coped and how she missed him so much. I don't know why, but it struck a chord in me, and hit my emotion tap - turning it on full blast. So there I was, trying to read a story to a couple ladies, and having to pause every couple lines to compose myself! The thought ran through my mind, they should have a sign on the front of the book that says "Caution: may cause crying". :) But it was beautiful!

1 comment:

Demara said...

Oh Esther that DOES sound so beautiful!!

See you soon