Wednesday, May 19, 2010

haha, so I was reminded of a very valuable lesson today!

[and sorry I've been in absentia (I think that is somehow a word) for so long!]

I was crossing the street to the grocery store, and I nearly got hit by a driver turning right! I had a walk sign, but I noticed a driver trying to turn right in front of me. She wasn't turning yet, but I could tell that she was looking the other way and hadn't seen me. I made some silly assumptions - she'll look before she turns, I do have the pedestrian crossing, etc. As I walked away (no worries, she didn't touch me) I was reminded and very grateful for God's occasional gentle reminders to us - aka in this case, don't make assumptions about other people's driving! especially when it involves cars! And I like to think the driver was reminded of a good lesson too - always double check before turning! For that matter, it's a good reminder for me next time I get in my car! Sometimes even when I'm driving I find myself doing very stupid things and I can only shake my head and thank God that he is watching over me and those around!

Other than near accidents...I'm doing well! Going full speed with studying right now! Exams start in exactly 2 weeks yesterday! Ahh!!! Lots and lots to learn!

I was grateful for an amazing sermon this past week where my pastor challenged us in how we are being intentional in spending time with the Lord (both loving and serving him and others). And it was a good reminder for me to not lose sight even when things get busier! But to spend more time with Him, because he IS our strength!

And, for those who haven't heard, as soon as I'm finished exams, I'm going to visit my sister in Thailand for a week (so excited!) and then will be in Kenya for the remainder of the summer. I'll be working with a group from UBC in a small community there, and we'll be working with the health authorities, NGOs, and others to try to boost health care support for this community. That's super exciting as well! But also crazy daunting, and there are moments (many of them!) when I think - who am I to go and do this! But I'm trusting on God for wisdom and grace in all we do, and I will also covet all your prayers!

I'll be updating my blog over the summer so check back for updates and maybe the occasional pic :)

No comments: