Friday, July 30, 2010

Fun travel plans

so just a quick update on how life is going here!

we've been busy during this past week - more meetings and meetings and meetings! nothing really seems to come of them, and we are unsure of how thigns will progress in our absence. but we have people's emails and we will bug them from Canada! so hopefully that will provide some good push for while we are gone. there are some good people in positions of power who are workign toward a solution, but it is always slow, and there are some who try to (unintentionally or not) stall the processes for some reason.

next week is my last week here!! so crazy!

would ask for a prayer request from you all. our cook is a dear woman, and I have appreciated getting to know her over teh summer. her name is Pamella. her son has somethign terribly wrong with his leg, and they have not been able to find out what exactly. it's terribly swollen from the knee down and is excruciatingly painful. he cannot even walk on it. last night he asked his mom if the doctor could come and amputate it, it was that bad! they have limited money, and so are trying to raise money this weeeknd to get needed xrays, treatment, etc. we have given them something small to help, although wanted to leave an opportunity for their community and friends to help them as well, which it seems like people do rally around to help those in need. we don't want to rob them of that.

what I am asking of you, is can you please pray for her son and for her family and for the doctors who will treat him that the Lord would give the drs wisdome, and that he would bring healing to this young boy. I think he's in about grade 4 or 5.
also pray for God's peace to cover pamella and her family and for comfort durign this time! thank you so much lifting them to the Lord! I will keep you all posted.

I will be gone this weekend down to a canyon/small game park called Hell's Gate. Excited to go and have some fun! I'm going wtih my other 3 team mates and then we will come back on SUnday night. will share how the trip goes! it will be lovely to get away and do some relaxing - hopefully :) we are staying at a place that has hippos grazing nearby! (no worries, they have an electrical fence around the place to keep the hippos out) fun times!

I'm also excited that next weekend, when I leave, I will get to take in a safari in the Masai Mara, and I will also be able to visit Kijabe medical center, a hospital on the same grounds as the Rift Valley Academy, for those of you who know it. excited about that!

well, must run!

love to all!

esther

No comments: