I'm back in BC! It's wonderful to be back with family - although I'm finding I miss life in Kenya. People that you meet on the street are so friendly there. Partly I'm an anomaly there, and thus warrant some extra attention - whereas here, no extra attention my way :) But there seems to be less pretension there - you also get strangers stopping you on the road inviting you down to visit them in their southern province. You wonder when the marriage proposal will follow...
Today it was wonderful to join with believers and worship our Father and our King together. The first time in almost 2 months. This afternoon my brother and sister in law came for lunch with their 2 kids. We set up Bitsy's kiddy pool that she bought a couple years ago and pretty much all of us made it into the pool at some point, even if it was just to get our feet wet. So special to spend time with them and goof off with my nephew. He's getting so big! Some pretty precocious expressions come out of his mouth. Julia is also growing up so quickly. She's nearing a year old!
I have to share something with you. It's a reminder of how the Father loves to provide for his kids. About 2 weeks or so before I left for the summer, I found out that I would need to move in the fall, as my roommate was getting married! I was thrilled for her, but I really wondered about myself - could the timing be any worse to look for a new place to live? It is difficult enough to find a place to live in Vancouver, much less when you're not even in country to pursue options!
But I've seen God provide for me before, and in some ways I love to have experiences like this, because it forces me to rely on him and it gives me opportunities to tangibly see how he does provide. So although I did a touch of worrying, especially initially, I was quite eager to see what God was going to do. I sent out a few feelers before I left, and then closer to the end of the summer sent out a few more feelers. A friend emailed me with the contact for a relative who has renters in his downstairs suite, and then the day after I returned to BC, I was able to go and visit the landlords and the other people I'm renting with, and confirm with them that I would like to move in there! I couldn't have asked my Father for a better answer to prayer. The girls seem lovely, and the property is beautiful! One of the neatest things is that up till now, I've been blessed with paying very cheap rent prices in Vancouver. Normally a typical place like this is at least twice the price. I'm not opposed to paying more, but want to be careful with my line of credit so that I don't run up too much debt. I know I likely won't be debt free when I finish medical school, but I'd like to be as debt free as possible so that I have fewer limitations on being able to go wherever God wants me to go when I finish. And so I was trusting that if God wanted me to live in a cheap place, that he would provide that. And this new place is almost on par with my rent from this past year! It's so amazing how God has provided this for me. The neatest part of all was that I didn't need to worry or fret at all. I was able to wait with eager expectation and see my Father provide bountifully for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment