Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thoughts

Right now I'm in a season of being full of many thoughts, but not quite sure how to articulate or even process any of them. Thoughts of my journey through life. How my innermost being can change so quickly - from full of passion and drive, to apathy, to feeling an unexpressible yearning - for something more, yet not sure what or how.

Not quite sure what I'm saying exactly - or what I mean.

Maybe this quote by John Piper expresses some of my thoughts. My soul resonates with his words. May it be a reminder and a challenge to you as well.

O Jesus, take my bent away
For thinking much of me.
And kill my pride, and from this day
With mercy make me free.

O Jesus, grant the gift to see
the treasure that you are,
And as the night eclipses me,
O be my Morning Star.

And now if I should serve, or lead,
Or give, or mercy show,
O Jesus, let my love be freed,
And like a river flow.

O Jesus, be the treasure of
My heart and all I do,
And may the river of my love
Alone make much of you.

No comments: