Ahh...I couldn't have asked for anything better.
I finished another set of exams today, and had been trying to figure out whether or not I should try to push through and study my friday night away. But some friends had been planning a bbq down at the beach already for a week or so, so I decided that to protect my sanity and ensure successful future study days, I should go and do something a bit relaxing. So I enjoyed a wonderful kabob bbq with delic salad and sour dough bread and brownies! And frisbee playing. Summer has come!
I had rented a movie called Babies because I knew I wouldn't be in a good state to focus on studying tonight. But I need to learn baby and toddler developmental milestones, so this movie had been recommended to help with this, so my friend Michelle came over and we watched the movie and she quizzed me on what the kids were doing! Thank you Michelle! :)
It was so interesting, though, to see how kids from different cultures grow up! The film showcased a 4 babies from Namibia, from Japan, US, and Mongolia as they developed from birth till about 18 months. What a contrast between the different countries! I think the biggest thing that stuck out to me was how social the Namibia family was - those kids grew up learning how to take care of each other! And the US family - granted, was a first child - but barely saw other kids! It was a very socially solitary development with the exception of mom. And it was also interesting seeing the longstanding tradition and culture in a couple of the families, but again, in the US family, it felt like the parents didn't have the cultural background, and so they explored what various cultures/practices there were. It was a very interesting contrast between them. And the Mongolian baby just had an exciting life! There were a couple random shots of the child sitting by itself on a drum in a field and then the cows came over and surrounded the baby. In another clip, the child somehow was in the back of a truck - just having a blast playing by itself!
Well, tomorrow I start the studying again... much to do yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment