Wednesday, March 02, 2016

Some more favorites...

I can't resist.  I have to share some other passages that have been so meaningful and precious to me in the past while.  If you are reading this (I know my readership is very slim!) I hope they will speak to you as well!  I have been struggling with much fear lately. Fear of asking - can I truly trust my Lord with my future?  Does he really have the best for me? What if he calls me to something truly difficult?  Is he really enough for me?  Obviously there's some background to this, that I won't get into here...  The answer has been a resounding yes!  It's still a daily journey of trust, but the answer is YES. A few passages that have been meaningful to me recently are the following: (and some of these are passages that I am just reminded of tonight as I write this and sift through the Psalms!)

Ps. 107 - "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever!... Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."

Ps 63 - "I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. ... My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you."

Ps 62 - "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge."

Ps 40 - "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard by cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire, he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.  Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust."

Ps 37 - "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret..."

Ps 121 - "I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep."

Ps 138 - Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.  The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me.

What amazing promises these are to us in whatever we are walking through.

Thank you for your great and precious promises, O Lord!

No comments: