What am I talking about? This...

Yes, it may look a little small, but this is what Evangel hospital has for a medical library. And before this summer, there were actually many more books - to fill another shelf like the one you see in this picture, and all the books were covered in a THICK layer of dust. I cleared out about 2/3rds of the books (anything older than 1990), cleaned the dust off the books and organized them into very basic categories - Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Infectious diseases/Tropical Medicine, etc. It was such a priviledge to do this for the hospital, since the rest of the time I felt like I was doing nothing for them. I would often spend my afternoons in the library working on this project after hospital rounds were finished. In addition to this book library, there were also many medical journals lining two other walls. I was able to organize these as well, throw out the old journals and make them a bit more accessible to the doctors. I felt like a proud mama surveying the shelves once I was done!
No comments:
Post a Comment