Saturday, August 22, 2009

Change...

It's here!

Tomorrow I move to Vancouver to start my new life in the big city. And I feel rather small...

Following the move, I start Orientation on Wednesday for 3 days (which is almost the scariest part of it all for me!), take a First Aid course on the weekend, and then start classes on Monday! And I need to find my way to UBC on the bus, and then make sure I know how to get to all the various buildings out at UBC! Rather daunting and overwhelming...

The last few weeks have been really nice, however. They've been filled with a lot of relaxing. It's funny, the only place I truly feel like I can relax is at my parents' place - and so I have... I moved out of my place at the end of July, and for the past 3 weeks, have stayed at my parents' place until I could move into Vancouver.

What these last few weeks have looked like:
  • I've gotten together with a good number of people,
  • tied up last minute things,
  • got to hold a couple babies,
  • got to play with lots of kids,
  • gone boating with my family on my brother's "new to him, but quite old!" boat,
  • gone blackberry picking with my dad and sister,
  • said good bye to work, had a staff good bye party - fun!,
  • watched lots of movies, esp old tv series'! and Wind in the Willow - lovely!
Today, I tried to go comforter shopping, but couldn't find the right comforter - for the right price! So I came home, and sewed my old one back together again! That was fun! and it was with a lovely sense of accomplishment that I held it up and saw that it looked quite decent! (one side had come apart in large portions along the seam).

I also vacuumed my car, as it needed it, and I figured, it might be the last time in a while that I could vacuum it for free. Alas, I couldn't wash my car, as there's a ban on car washing right now! (water restrictions...)

It's weird, I'm not quite sure I know what to think of the fact that I'm starting med school in about a week and a day! Mostly, I think I've avoided thinking about it. Not that I'm dreading it, but it just feels like the next month is going to be overwhelming. I'm not a big one on change, although when I'm in it, I do quite fine. It's beforehand as I contemplate the change that I'm not as thrilled with it all.

Well, we'll see what God has in store for me in these next days, weeks and months! I know he'll keep on walking right beside me!

No comments: