I can't believe that I'm starting med school in just a couple weeks! There's been a lot of prep to get ready - getting immunizations up to date, looking into lines of credit, housing, etc. I'm really grateful that last year, when I was waitlisted, that I never got off the waitlist. I could have technically been accepted as late as the end of August, but that would have been stressful extraordinaire! I'm super glad that I've had all this time to get ready to start school.
A huge answer to prayer has been in housing. I asked God to provide me with housing that was within my budget (although I wasn't sure what that budget should be expected to be!). I didn't ask for much, although I knew that God would provide exactly what I needed. But I didn't expect him to go beyond that. And he did! God blessed me with an apartment south of one of Vancouver's hospitals for a phenomenal rent price (cheaper than what I'm paying now in Abbotsford!) and a great roommate! I think I can and will learn a lot from her in terms of communication, which will be great for me :) She isn't just interested in sharing space, but in creating a home, so to speak, and I'm super excited about that!
No comments:
Post a Comment