Praise God! I made it safely to Thailand!
The flight went well - although a dreaded moment came and went! I've always been a little worried of what would happen (since I started med school) if when I'm flying on a plane they make that call - is there a doctor on board? not that i'm a doctor yet - by a loooong shot - but I still have an obligation to let them know I'm there!!! so yesterday morning, I'm lightly dozing - in the uncomfortable plane position - when a voice penetrates my fogginess - is there a doctor on board this flight? all of a sudden I woke up very quickly! what do I do??? So when one of the flight attendants passed me, I asked her if there was a doctor...and let her know if she needed to to call on me. But fortunately, there was a doctor present! halleluja! although then my regret was that I didn't jump up and ask to go with the doctor! because I never know what I would actually be able to do in a situation like this, and I'd love to shadow someone and see how they handle it... anyway, maybe I'll get another chance to. :)
So after 26 hours of travel, got to thailand, met my sister - yay! and then we hopped on a bus to take us another hot 3 hours to lopburi. but we made it all the way! praise God! so overall, it's been smooth sailing so far :) last night bitsy took me around on her motorbike - crazy! to grab some dinner and groceries.
tonight we're going to catch a night train up to chiang mai where we'll spend a few days exploring.
1 comment:
That's so funny that the "flight doctor call" happend!!!! Glad to "hear" you've had a good time in Thailand so far. Miss you!
Post a Comment