Monday, September 06, 2010

Labour Day weekend reflections

I need to share an answer to prayer from a prayer request a couple months ago. I asked for prayer for our cook Pamella in Kenya, as her son had extremely painful swollen legs (it turned out both were swollen). I don't know if a cause was ever identified. But praise God, I believe that he is getting better and I believe he is able to walk again. Thank you again so much for your prayers for him.

School has started with a rush! We had a full week of classes last week, and 4 days this week (due to labour day). It was an extremely busy week because on top of our classes, etc, I had a couple of extra meetings piled in there as well. But then this last weekend, I decided to forego with packing and studying and did an overnight hike to Elfin Lakes! It was absolutely beautiful up there! I've decided I LOVE heather! (the plant...) And I'm proud to say we all made it in one piece...

Seeing God's expansive creation reminded me once again of his majesty, how great he is, how precious we are in his sight, that even though he makes huge mountains and rules over the expanse of the sky and the earth, yet he intimately loves us as well! As I studied the intricacies of the human body this week, I was definitely reminded of how much he loves us, and what an awesome and powerful and thoughtful God he is. Our bodies are gloriously designed! And he is the same God over all the universe!

Being able to take 2 days out to enjoy his creation, and to fellowship with others who love him as well was just what I needed to start off the semester.

This coming week will also be extremely busy and exhausting, as it will be filled with class, my first choir practice (I'm part of a choir this year! it's so exciting...!), first time back in a family practice clinic, and packing and moving. I need prayer that I will be able to balance everything and not get burned out!

One of my biggest desires this year is to become more involved and connected. Especially at church, as I would love to join a Care Group. I'm struggling to know how much I can fit on my plate and what needs to fit on my plate. It's such a difficult thing to balance being involved at my church as well as being involved in the community and being involved at school - and learn medicine in the process! Again, I need prayer for wisdom in knowing that balance.

No comments: