A ditzy moment:
I signed up for a new account a while ago. When I have accounts that require passwords and ID names, I always get frustrated because different accounts require different lengths of passwords. And so I forget them! So this time I thought - I will be smart! I will include in my password security question what the password is. So, I wrote my password security question - "How long is the password?" thinking...this way I know that it will not be the standard 4 or 6 letter password. And my password reply was along the lines of: "4 numbers and 2 letters". Now how am I supposed to remember that exact phrasing 2 years later, or even 2 weeks later??
So then today, less than 2 weeks after, I forgot my password, as is my want, and so I tried in vain to figure out what both my ID and my password was - and finally I thought - yes! I have a password security question! Forgetting what I had put as my question. And the prompt was as above - "How long is the password?"
I could have screamed at myself for being so stupid as to include my password hint in the actual security question itself.
It now reads something generic like "what was your first street name?" Something that I won't forget, and certainly, something that will not require me to know the password in order to answer the password security question.
Seriously...
1 comment:
wow, you are up early! Sorry to hear about your account; hope your memory gets sparked sometime during the course of this day.
Hope you have a good trip to Langley!
Post a Comment