This morning I was reading in Philippians about how Paul declares that he can be content in all situations. I'm reading Philippians as part of a Bible study, and one of the questions in the study challenged me to see what this was coming out of, and how it related to the prior passage. Just before this, Paul is challenging the members of the Philippian church to reconcile their differences and restore a broken relationship. Does being content have anything to do with our relationships? This got me thinking.
I think that you can learn and practice contentment through relationships with colleagues and friends. Sometimes we are bothered by someone's treatment of us, mannerisms, etc, and we don't do anything about it (and sometimes we probably shouldn't say anything), but we let it fester; we let it annoy us, we become discontent with that relationship, and can't wait till we don't have to work with them any more. I know I'm guilty of this. I want to be more intentional to change this. Instead of being annoyed by someone's faults, I want to look for their strengths and their positive attributes. And hopefully I can also continue to learn how to be more proactive in working toward developing stronger relationships and improving care for patients.
1 comment:
Good point, Esther! That's a tough one to put into practice, isn't it? Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment