Friday, August 19, 2011

An update

Ahhh... as always, the first thing I have to do when I put up a new post is apologize for being so late in posting! This is not a good way to keep people informed of how things are, because they rightly so despair of ever hearing from me.

Right now I'm waiting on God to provide a place to live. It's a neat experience of trusting him with the outcome!

I just saw him come through beautifully for me, though. I had an elective 2 wk rotation at the beginning of September, and needed to find something to do during that time. Multiple contacts fell through, and I was beginning to despair that I would find something. (note: this is a 3rd yr elective, which are hard to fill b/c 4th yrs take precedence - many people do very unrelated activities for their 3rd yr elective). But just today I received confirmation that I'll be able to work with a GP out in Langley! it'll be a neat intro to Family Medicine with a focus on peds and obstetrics.

I had a 4 wk rural rotation this summer, on Vancouver Island - twas amazing! Was blessed with some amazing preceptors, some of whom loved the Lord! I felt like I learned a lot in that 4 wks. I also have some friends who live on Vancouver Island, and so b/c of the ferry distance, I haven't seen them in years - one nearly a decade...I was able to connect with these special people during my time there, and enjoyed catching up. It's always so neat to see how God walks with each of his children in different ways.

In September, I start 3rd year. This constitutes a variety of rotations, some very short like Dermatology and Ophthalmology (skin and eyes) and some are bigger, like Pediatrics and Surgery. All told, this will keep me busy till this time next year. What am I looking forward to most? Pediatrics and Obstetrics/Gynecology - and surgery! :) What am I not looking forward to? we'll see if my attitude changes, but anesthesiology is not high on my list, nor are the on call days, which come far too often. hopefully my sleep routine won't be destroyed by the end... :)

And an ongoing journey of growing in my relationship with the Lord. I love seeing how he works in others' lives, and receiving challenges for myself in that. I've recently started a devotional called "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. Some good reminders of God's presence in our lives.

No comments: