And below, you'll see my patio - and the plants that I've bought! I'm pretty excited about them. But I'm very sad that I think I'm killing my Cala Lily already... Not quite sure what to do, but it's lost all of its beautiful yellow flowers! Sigh... it doesn't help that I'm not always home every day to water it.
My landlords put in the beautiful flowers in the rectangular planters.
I enjoy sitting on my patio in the mornings when I have time and eating my breakfast while spending time with God. It's also become a favorite for studying! I far prefer studying outside than inside, and it makes it much more pleasurable! The days are long right now, and evenings can be very pleasant out there. I just have to be careful to use sunscreen wisely, because while you might think sun exposure is less because we're so far north, from what I've heard it's actually more than in Vancouver. We are at a much higher elevation, and there is reportedly an ozone hole above PG. So it can be very hot!!
When I first moved here before I started working, I think my landlords thought I planned to live outside, because I could always be found out there enjoying the sun! :)
(if you look closely, you can see my lily between the 2 chairs and it's lost all it's blooms and is severely wilted!!!) Any gardeners can put in their 2 bits worth... It gets sun, it gets fertilizer once a month, I've repotted it in a bigger pot... not sure if I'm watering it too much or too little! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment