Saturday, October 26, 2013

Vacation!

I just had a wonderful week of vacation.

Here are some Highlights of the week:

1. Both the drive down and the drive back up!  Driving along the Fraser Canyon during the Fall is spectacular!  Got to enjoy an amazing sunrise on my way down.  Saw swans at a lake just north of 100 Mile House.




There were swans in this lake! 
I enjoyed walking along a path along the lake during my lunch on my drive back - 
beautiful serenity and calmness here.

This scenery was just so spectacular and breathtaking, I enjoyed every minute of it.

2. Lovely times with family - parents, Bitsy, James and Carolanne and their kids.  Especially loved my chats with my parents and going out for brunch with Bitsy.

3. Spending time with a few friends. It was short, but did get to see some friends, which was fun.  Especially enjoyed walks in Vancouver with friends amidst the mist and fog!



This was the sort of unusual fog we had in Vancouver!

4. Getting out for a couple run/walks (run downhills, walk back up = good exercise!) and enjoying the beauty of Vancouver once again! Unexpected bonus, ran into a couple friends on my expeditions! What a treat!

5. Being able to stay with my good friend Bronwyn - enjoyed her lovely cooking and baking, and enjoyed a game of cribbage - which I unfortunately lost this time... :(

6. Watching "Gifted Hands" with my parents - what a great movie!

7. Clocking in the odometer (the resetable one...) at 1600 km at journey's end!

8. Safe travels - grateful to God for this!

9. Enjoyed a few episodes of "The Vinyl Cafe"! Even listened to some medical podcasts on my drive... :)

10. Listening to some powerful music by Laura Storey - such as her song "Blessings".

11. Visiting some favorite shops I've frequented many-a-time over the past few years - my produce store - stocked up on all sorts of squash!  And a lovely bakery called The Mix - they have great breads - like their Hummingbird loaf, and also some great jellies with unusual combinations! Some I'm uncomfortable trying still... like the curry-fruit combo :)  But the ones I've tried have always been great!
Here are some of the specialty squash I picked up. Love the colors!

12. Coming home and spending time puttering and cleaning!  Ready for the next long chunk of work :)

13. Reflections throughout my week - precious time I don't often get during my busy weeks.

ps. I'm trying to learn to be a bit more concise in my blogging... :) is it working? :-)

No comments: