Sunday, October 07, 2007

Blogging

I'm so inspired by my friends who maintain their blogs with regularity, and even so, manage to keep them incredibly interesting! I think in part that says something about the individual and their very interesting life...and I just don't feel like I have anything interesting usually going on! And it's difficult for me to be that vulnerable and share the terrible things, embarressing things that happen, etc. But I want to keep my blog more updated! It's a good way to try and process stuff...So here's to blogging about your daily life!
My greatest excitement of my week came on Tuesday when I submitted my very first med school application! Those things are douzies, and it took me forever and a day to finish it and I have no idea if it has any merit to get me an interview at UBC. I guess we'll see. Whether or not I get accepted to medical school this year, I'll be ok with either one I think. I'm rather excited about just living a bit more of a normal life for a year or 2 - although it probably still won't be that normal - whatever normal is supposed to be. I'm already planning on taking courses (which always prove to be way more work than they're supposed to be for me). But I'm also really excited to maybe pursue music a tiny bit more. I met with one potential voice teacher this past week, and while she can't take me on as a student, she's going to give me the names of some other people in this area that I could maybe talk to. I'm really excited about that! I've missed not taking lessons during the past 3 years while at TWU, and I've loved the opportunities that I have had at different times to sing. I really want to challenge myself with music this year - to hardcore practice for vocal exams and to maybe try some competitions or something. That would be really neat, and I think very valuable for me. But currently, my throat couldn't take anything vocal - it must be stripped raw from coughing. Anyway, this is Esther signing out at 12:20 am on Sunday morning - arg! I don't like staying up so late right before Sunday because then I'm less likely to wake up early enough to really be able to spend time with the Lord before going to church. Got to work on that.

1 comment:

Demara said...

Oh Esther, this is such a real authentic you, love it! I hope and pray your med education is everything and more you've ever dreamed of.