I have soo much to be thankful for. And today, I think one main thing that makes me very thankful is the amazing relationship my parents have. It's such a fantastic example for us kids - and hopefully I'm learning lots through it. :) So mom or dad, if you read this - THANK YOU!
It is also so neat to see my parents grow in their relationship with Jesus (even now, when they have been Christians for a long time - I won't say how long, because that might give some things away...) But it is also a great example that I can learn a lot from - seeing them willing to humble themselves, seeing the power of God radically change their outlook on circumstances and change their attitudes, and seeing their passion to share the love of Jesus with those that they interact with - and their willingness to keep on learning how they can do that more effectively.
Thank you, Lord, for the amazing blessings you have bestowed on me! And as we celebrated communion yesterday, thank you once again for Jesus! Thank you that you love us so much that you were willing to send your only son, Jesus, because you knew that was the only way that we could be saved. I'm reading a book right now called "Cries from the Cross", and it outlines the "cries" that Jesus made during his crucifixion. The first one is his cry for pardon - "Forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing." Wow. They hated Jesus, they mocked him, they beat him. And he asks God to forgive them for all that - because that's why he came to earth!
1 comment:
I too am gratefully thankful to my Father Jesus Christ for His very deep, sacrificial and enduring Fatherly love He offered to me tearfully.
THANK-YOU JESUS!
Post a Comment